Do these connectors have a name?

Does anyone know the name of these electrical connection things. Used instead of soldering something together if it needs to be taken apart. They are screwed onto a bolt with a nut. the bolt passing the current to the connector which is attached to a wire.

Picture of Do these connectors have a name?
sort by: active | newest | oldest
caarntedd6 years ago
We call it a non-insulated crimp lug. It has no electrical insulation around the crimp because it is made for higher than normal temperatures. Also for this reason it is likely made from a harder material than the usual tinned copper. The size will be determined by the diameter or cross sectional area of the wire it is made to fit on, and the size of the ring.
a ring terminal
saastamo5 years ago
In nordic countries they are called ABIKO-connectors. The name comes after firm Abiko, which makes the connectors and quality crimp tools. They have internet site at
Kiteman6 years ago
The connector in the first image is called Simon, and those in the other pictures are called Maria and James.
Damn. She told Me her name was Susan...
lies! the names are Simon, Martin and James! they lied about they're identity
Jayefuu Kiteman6 years ago
athos765 years ago
Its an uninsulated crimp style ring terminal. But the crimp style looks like a D-sub crimper...
ring terminal a crimp one.
uninsulated RIng crimp terminals
Burf6 years ago
They're called 'solderless terminals'
"Ring Terminal"
Thermionic6 years ago
Everything has a name. The fun part is trying to google a part using a visual description.