Does anyone know where to get a Methyl cellulose Gel? I heard some origami folder were using it!

sort by: active | newest | oldest
jtobako8 years ago
I think that's wall paper paste, also used for, um, lots of stuff. Try the hardware store and look at the labels on the liquid wall paper pastes.
w1l50n1404 (author)  jtobako8 years ago
Maybe on Ace Hardwares?
Good choice. But stay off the roof...
w1l50n1404 (author)  jtobako8 years ago
Ok, thnx....
JanetA32 years ago

You can purchase it here.

Nekayah8 years ago
 Methyl cellulose comes as a soluble white powder with instructions for mixing with water. Refrigerated mix lasts (almost?)  forever, and is an excellent gentle adhesive. If you want to remove it plain water (on a tissue for control) will do it.
I would recommend a craft store (like Michaels or JoAnn's) to get a pure form.

By the way, I think glue violates the principles of origami, which depends on  cutting and folding to hold its shape.  But if  you aren't entering a competition, anything goes.
A craft or art supply store will have it, especially if they carry any significant stock of items for the next two things. A scrapbooking store would probably have it. A book-binding supplier will DEFINATLY HAVE IT. Read labels on the glues at these places. Wallpaper paste will work, but it may have additives that might affect the paper you're using. You want it pure, in powder form.