Hi. Is there someone out there who might repair motor vehicle ball and socket joints or know of such facility?

I have such joints on a yacht's steering gear in need of replacement. Easy I hear you say but not so for I can't identify which vehicle they were intended to fit and enquiries to various manufacturers/suppliers have drawn a blank because of the taper required (imperial dimensions I believe). Only option would seem to be to have the offending part repaired. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Regards Recrem.

sort by: active | newest | oldest
rickharris7 years ago
Anyone with a lathe can make one if you give them an example.
onrust7 years ago
Re-design7 years ago
Have you tried going back to the boat builder? Or to another boat builder in the area?
NachoMahma7 years ago
. Do you mean ball and socket joint or a universal joint? Either way, you should be able to take the old part to your local automotive supply store and get the counter person to match it up.
ARE they automotive style ball-joints ? A picture and some dimensions might help.