How can I cut in half a CRT's glass case without shrapnel or mercury poisoning?
What I want to do is remove the phosphor screen of a CRT and see what happens if I hit it with intense UV light. I know I've got to look out for high voltage, and that if I don't let pressure into the vacuum very slowly with a small hole the glass will shatter and spray shrapnel everywhere. I'm also concerned about mercury/lead and any dangerous chemicals I'll be exposing myself to. Can someone explain the dangers and what I can do to avoid them?