How to build a clockwork robot?
To enter the Fukashima U2 with radiation at 1000 SVR plus can a clockwork autonomous robot gathering data with sonar be designed to go where no autonomous robot has gone before.
The reason is all electronic devices would cease to function at about half that SVR level.
The clockwork mechanism would need to be designed to provide autonomous movement so all sensors would have to be non electronic devices. Might mechanical sound, pressure, temperature or other forces be used for controls?
Is it possible to provide a mechanical power storage source
- Compressed air energy storage (CAES)
- Fireless locomotive
- Flywheel energy storage
- Gravitational potential energy (device)
- Hydraulic accumulator
- Liquid nitrogen
- Brick storage heater
- Cryogenic liquid air or nitrogen
- Eutectic system
- Ice storage air conditioning
- Molten salt
- Phase Change Material
- Seasonal thermal energy storage
- Solar pond
- Steam accumulator
- Thermal energy storage (general)