How to make a Line-In switch for one pair of speakers?

I'm livin with two room-mates and a kinda dream of us is to put speaker cables from each room to a switch and then further to a pair of speakers in the kitchen. The problem is that i only find switches for one Line-In and several pairs of speakers and not the reverse type model. As i dun have any further electronic skills, could sumone give a construction plan or a link to such, so that i know what parts i need to buy for soldering?

NachoMahma7 years ago
.  There's a real good chance you can wire up the switch boxes you mention "backwards" (cables from rooms to outputs, input to speaker) and it will work.
Luziviech (author)  NachoMahma7 years ago
hm, ok, i didnt know, if that works as i expected there sum diodes, transformers or whatever that only works one-way - in the end thats why i'm askin...
.  Without seeing more info on your switch, it's impossible to tell for sure, but if it's a simple speaker switching box, it's just some mechanically interlocked switches.
.  Diodes block current in one direction, so you would only hear half of your music. A more sophisticated box might have impedance matching transformers.
Luziviech (author)  NachoMahma7 years ago
ok, in that case, i first buy that box, make a plan of whats inside and ask again.