How to quiet my neighbour's loud music?

My next door neighbour has a bad, annoying and rude behavior playing his music loud while I'm sleeping fairly early in the morning and in the evening, around 8 or 9, when I'm trying to relax. I need a device or a circuit to disrupt the sound momentarily or that will deliver a low but irritating high frequency squeal to transmit via his stereo speakers without hurting him or his equipment.

The problem if you report them is that they may end up vandalizing your place. That's a real concern where I live :0(
Perfect!!!Perfect! LOL !!!I am having the same prob and have been thinking of playing opera and polka music back at them (and yes, I have asked nicely if they could turn down their music)
you beat me to it!
If you're in the UK, its an offence to make loud noises like that, and the local Environmental health people have the right to forfeit the offending equipment.
oh! Now that is truly BRILL! Wish we had that where I live
deniuwish5 years ago
It Is Only My Opinion, But 8-9 AM Is Not That Early, And In A Lot Of Places (At Least In The U.S.A.) As Long As It's Before Dark, It Is Perfectly Legal. However, Being An Audio And Lighting Rental Business Owner, And Playing In Bands Most Of My Life, Where I Am From, If Someone Complains, No Matter What Time Of The Day Or Night It Is, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AND THE POLICE WILL FIRST GIVE HIM A WARNING, THEN THEY WILL ARREST HIM. But Before You Do That, Ask Yourself If That Drastic Of Measures Are Warranted. I Have A Neighbor That Does This Randomly Anytime But Mainly Between 2-7 AM Every Weekend, But I Work Weird Hours So It Does Not Really Bother Me. Just Remember... If Unless It's"That Bad" Or "Killing You", You Do Live Next To This Person, So Keep That In Mind, Before You Make Any Harsh Decisions. Deni
ramroids555 years ago
Wait until they leave the house, then break in and smash the stereo. Or you could call the police on him...either way would work
Jayefuu5 years ago
Have you tried asking him nicely?
Unless he uses wireless speakers, you're out of luck.
gmxx5 years ago
can't help with the device... i would go to the police, and report him for disruption of the peace.