How you I get rid of mould on tiles naturally?



Baking soda is unfortunately not 'natural' in the sense that it was probably  chemically synthesized in a factory rather than mined from the earth. It is a good abrasive, though. Perhaps you can use salt for this purpose instead?

Vinegar is also useful, though you should be aware that the fermentation probably involved ethanol produced from genetically modified corn or other plants and took place in a giant aerated vat.

See if you can find a source of the copper ore chalcanthite. The mineral contains large amounts of a substance called cupric sulfate (a.k.a. copper II sulfate), which fungus does not like at all. 

A more powerful toxin you can use is cinnamon bark oil. This is an excellent preservative against all manner of fungi and bacteria.


ayamevida7 years ago
Another natural way to get rid of mold is to use bakeing soda. If your bathroom doesn't have a vent with bakeing soda you don't have to worry about fumes.
iPodGuy7 years ago
Well, what kind of tiles are we talking about here?

For ceramic tiles and grout, you can try vinegar and water, really hot water or use a steamer.  Whatever you use, use a stiff brush to scrub.  Think about applying a sealer to the tiles & grout if it is a recurring problem.  There are also grout stain removers available after you finish scrubbing or you could use something like bleach or Oxi-Clean.

If you're talking about drop tiles for a ceiling - don't try to save the tile.  It's true you can paint over mold spots, but it will still create an IAQ (indoor air quality) issue.  It is better for everybody to just replace it and fix the source of the moisture that is feeding the mold.

In any case, if you have a room that has a higher humidity than the rest of the space (such as a bathroom or shower), you can get desiccant. Damp-Gon, Damp-Rid, stuff like that - any hardware store should carry it.  You can either get the stones that you can dry out and re-use or convenient disposable bags.  Both draw excess moisture from the air and inhibit mold growth in the future.

When scrubbing the mold, cover your mouth and nose.  You don't want to inhale any spores.