I have multiple questions on interfacing the arduino with a computer. (refer to details)
First of all I don't have hardly any experience with arduino, only with nxt. Also I am trying to make a telepresence robot. I have it figured out so that I can use Skype to video conference. Then using yuuguu I can control the computer on the teleprescence robot. The only thing that I need to do now is make a platform that will move around, with the arduino, that can take commands from the computer. Kind of like a remote on the computer. So that way I can use a laptop and control the robot by controlling the computer on the robot. (sorry if that doesn't make sense, basically i just need a platform that takes commands from the computer it is connected to) Which leads me to my first question...
1) Can the Arduino be controlled by a computer?
2) If so, then what should I use to give it the commands easiest?
3) Which arduino should I use (it doesn't need to be versatile, just work consistently for this)
4) How do I program it/what commands do I use.(I have the arduino programming software downloaded, but don't know how to use it yet...)
5) How would I control motors/servos with the arduino
I know it is a lot of questions, but please help.
Thanks in advance!