I was wondering about use of some barrels that I procured.
They had Polyacrylic acid (CAS# 9003-01-4) in them, which was being used as a calcium dispersant/scale inhibitor. I was wondering with a good rinse, wash and soak if they would be ok for use in a rainwater collection system that feeds a garden. I discovered that that specific chemical is also used in all kinda of cosmetics, and in many of different pills (Musinex as an example) as a time release agent. I figure if I clean them good, how bad could it be if it's something that you would ingest anyway?
Bio:Outdoorsy guy.. I like just about anything to do with building. I get such satisfaction from doing things and seeing them done well. It seems i am always making things, but I can never remember to t...read more »