I'm looking for a free alternative to those rubber rings that people put on keys to lessen the noise?

I've thought of Sugru, but that would cost more than actually buying the key covers. I want suggestions using stuff I can already find around the house. Thank you.

rickharris4 years ago
Cut the finger off a rubber glove. Cut a narrow rubber band from it and put round the top of the key - You can make a slit for the shaft of the key. Experiment with width.

Narrow enough and it will pull tight on the key body.
astroboy9074 years ago
Just carry each key individually in its own plastic bag.
Burf4 years ago
Duct tape, electrical tape or most any kind of tape will work.