Im looking to install a custom built subwoofer box in my car, but I have some questions about doing this. Any help?
1. The amplifier I am useing has an input near the power inputs that reads REM. My guess is that it is the remote wire the acts as a switch for the amp. so where does this "remote wire" originate from? i.e. where do I plug that wire into my fuse box?
2. If the REM wire is a "on-off" switch will I still need the + wire pluged in?
3. If the REM is not a on-off switch will i need a separte toggle switch?
4. This box is custom made and not factory made. therefore is not built to fit my car specifily. How do I keep the box and the amp from sliding around in my trunk with out drilling any holes or any modifications like that?
5. How do I test the whattage of an amp that does not list that specification?
6. How do I get signal from the deck to the trunk if the rear speakers are located in the doors and there is no way to take apart the dashboard?
7. How do I bridge left and right signal together without blowing out my amp or car stereo?
8. In the front doors I notice, when I remove a cover, 2 wires with its own connector at the end the leads into nothing. My guess is this is a tweeter output. After putting a multimeter to this plug, to insure it is not a turn signal output, I notice the multimeter does not pick up any voltage, or any ohm ratings. so how would I measure the impeadence of the stereo using this plug?
9. I notice in the trunk 4 wires with its own plug that have no place to be. I made sure this was not simply an extra brake light out put by removing the interior wall panal from the inside of the trunk lid to find that brake light plug in there. so my guess is that this is a subwoofer output. is it possible for me to use it if it is a sub output? if so how?