Is there anything that can harden thin layers of cardboard, inside AND out, permanently?

This is for a sculpture project where I am building sculptures out of cardboard. 

sort by: active | newest | oldest
bwrussell6 months ago

Any sort of glue will do this to some extent. Mod podge, epoxy, wheatpaste, regular glue, etc.

Is regular glue another name for, "white glue", or PVA?

I tried asking Google(r) images about, "regular glue", and I think most of the search results look like some kind of PVA, but I still don't know for sure if people really use that phrase, "regular glue", in real life English.

steveastrouk6 months ago

Poly or epoxy resin.

Yonatan246 months ago

Wires through the corrugations (isn't that how they're called?)

Polyester resin, as rickharris suggested, but it'll probably be pretty expensive...

Downunder35m6 months ago

Acrylic paint will do just fine too.
Just make sure it is not water based as it takes forever to dry.
Also gives a nice surface finnish if a stiff brush is used to get the last kinks out of the cardboard while applyng the paint.

rickharris6 months ago

Polyester resin - it will soak into the card and then harden.

Vyger6 months ago