I've got a "what is it"?

Help ! This has been in my garage for years-what the heck is it ?

Picture of I've got a
sort by: active | newest | oldest
it is a "Watchmaker's Gear Depthing Tool",these are used in making repair's giving a link for referance http://www.milehiclocksupplies.org/cdt.htm

(yep in the link is the matal version of the one you have)
ronfoster (author)  Bobblehead Einstein4 years ago
Dear Bobblehead Einstein,

Thanks so much for your input-I didn't have the slightest idea of what it was-

I'd like to get it in the hands of someone who could use it(if it's still a useable tool.

This is an antique
I would say put it up on ebay,seen some of these go on ebay
sell it to someone who collect's Antique clock & watch tool's
Have a nice day
Correction, it's a depthing tool/gauge. See: http://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/1bqtig
iceng4 years ago
I think it is a device to hold a small item for presentation on a larger machine with four points of contact.  Non electric.
It could be a watch makers or jewelers tool.