LED solder overheat?
I hand soldered some surface mount LEDs and most of them seem broken now. I assume I overheated them. However, I`ve soldered lots of other kinds of surface mount LEDs with no problems, even really small ones were fine. The problem was with some warm white (yellowy white) LEDs. I removed some of them to check for a soldering error and they still won`t light up when I test them so I guess they are really broken. This is a bummer because I paid over 100 yen a piece for them.
Do you think I overheated these LEDs when I soldered them?
How can I avoid this problem in the future?
Why did this only happen with this particular kind of surface mount LED?