My building wants NYSERD certification. We need to replace sockets for JCD halogens for one for LEDs or CFLs-possible?

lemonie3 years ago
Your question isn't very coherent.
Should I understand that you wish to replace 12V halogen-heat-lamps with LEDs, but you don't know how to do this within NYSERD(whatever that is)?
LED halogen-replacements should do you.

New York State Energy research and development.
So now you know.

Not content with TLAs, we now have DUAL TLAs.....

Now I know what those letters stand for, but like you I don't know what the requirements are.

What efficiency standard has been laid down ? Halogens are a lot more efficient (24lm/W)than incandescents, LEDs 2..4 times better than that, but not as bright. CFL is probably still the way to go though

Get More Out of Instructables

Already have an Account?


PDF Downloads
As a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format. You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.

Upgrade to Pro today!