Need help making large radio controlled boat
What I have done is started designing the hull and superstructure in SketchUp, which I will chuck into Pepakura designer to make a template to cut out of either plastic sheeting or 1mm metal.
I'd be glad if anyone could help me out with finding circuit diagrams, kit sets and even links of online resources. I'm fine with the actual building of the hull and superstructure, it's just everything electronic I am having difficulty figuring out.
- 2 metres long by 40ish cm wide (6ft by 16 inches I think)
- Single hull
- Radio controlled, with a 600ft/ 200m transmission range
- Preferably two motors (electric) with speed control, as I think one may not be powerful enough to push such a big craft
- Servo/stepper motor rudder
- Two side thrusters towards the front, one each side (no speed control necessary)
- One bow-facing 'turret' with a small wireless camera on
- One fixed stern-facing wireless camera
- Port and starboard LEDs (on/off switchable)
- At least 9 other channels available for other additions required on/off switching such as spotlights and suchlike
- 2 more channels for additional servos
The actual boat design at this point in time is modular, meaning that one can mix and match features such as turrets or spotlights in the four bays that are available