Instructables

Nintendo DS will not turn on, it got wet?

My Nintendo DS Lite got wet and now when plugged into the charger i just get the orange charge light on and nothing else, it wont even power up. Can anyone help PLEASE?

chances are the battary might of shorted out. will it run off the adapter lead?
frogbaybee5 years ago
*****uncooked rice*****
frogbaybee5 years ago
put the device into rice for like an hour it will pull out the water and absorb it into the rice...........
Kiteman5 years ago
Open it up as much as possible (battery cover off etc) and put it somewhere warm for a day or so. Take the battery out at the same time. When it's had time to dry thoroughly, try running it off the adaptor without the battery in. If it works, and then you get the same problem when you put the battery back, the battery is dead, simply get a new one.
Pro

Get More Out of Instructables

Already have an Account?

close

PDF Downloads
As a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format. You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.

Upgrade to Pro today!