Point Stick Replacement...?

Well, got an old Dell Inspiron 8600 and if you've read any of my other questions  you know all about it and its problems. Anyway... the cover for the point stick (mouse thing in the center of the keyboard) needs to be replaced, but this being my first laptop, I'm not quite sure how to do it. Personally I just want to pull it off with a some pliers and jam a new one on, but I don't want to break it either.... so I'm exercising alittle caution by asking first.... is there a specific way to do it, or is my way just about right?


aelias366 years ago
It's that rubber thing among the G, H, and B keys, right?

Just pull straight up; you probably don't even need pliers. It's like a glove to a smaller black joystick.
transistorguy (author)  aelias366 years ago
Well, that was easy... Thanks!
Yes you can buy spares too.