Rgb matrix, looking for some advice/guidance.?
So, the main questions I have:
1. What kind of material can I use to put the leds on? its like they use thick cardboard or wood. they drill all four holes per led so the legs go through. I want one big board instead of two.
2. What spacing would be good to make it look uniform, yet give enough space to solder?
3. How can I make the 4 controller boards to run it? - They sell them, but they arent cheap. And they dont deliver or sell to the US. So Ill have to make them somehow. I can provide images/part list of what they used.
4. What type of solder/soldering iron would I need? Obviously various temp. But what temps would be safe?
5. What power supply can I use?
Ok so, any other info:
-They used common anode LED's
-They connect the boards together via ethernet cable.
-They connect the led's together in four sections of 8x16, The anode is connected on each of the 8 rows. And the anodes on all the led's are connected on the 16 rows. If that doesnt make sense, the anodes are connected vertically, and all the cathodes are connected horizontally.
-They connect the 48 cathode wires to ribbon cable, that goes to the controller board, same with the anode wires.
-They connect the boards to a Usb to UART connector
-Lastly, Part list of one controller board:
HEXFET IRF7314 x4
TLC5940NT x 3
28 Pin IC-Socket 300mil x 4
Resistor SMD 0,25W 1% 10K x 10
Resistor SMD 0,25W 1% 2K2 x 8
Resistor SMD 0,25W 1% 2K x 3
Resistor SMD 0,25W 1% 220R x 2
Resisitor SMD 0,25W 1% 1K x 3
AtMega 328P x 1
74HC138 SMD x 1
Ceramic Capacitor 22pF, 20% x 2
Oscillator 16,0 MHz x 1
Pinheader 2x8 Pitch 2.54mm x 4
Jumper x 3
Pinheader 1x2 Pitch 2,54mm x 7
Modular Jack x 2
Ceramic Capacitor 100N, 20% x 5
Electrolytic Capacitor 680uF x 1
LED 5mm blue x 1
LED 5mm green x 1
Screw terminal 5.08mm x 1
If theres ANY more info required please ask. It said to be as detailed as possible.