Schematic for sound activated lights for drum kit?
A friend of mine plays drums, and would like to install lights inside his drumkit. Mainly the bass drum, but in each tom and the snare too, if possible. I'm thinking a mic'd light organ of some sort.
- When the drum beats, a light comes on in that drum, with variable intensity, depending intensity of the beat. (soft beat, low light; hard beat, bright light, etc)
- Does not respond to the beats of the other drums. (selective frequency/pitch or adjustable?)
- The light punches on, then fades out with approx 1 second duration, rather than just punching out.
- Uses cool-light, preferably colored, because I'm not sure how a hot light would affect the drums.
- Plugs in to standard 120v outlet.
I have intermediate knowledge of circuits and soldering, just little knowledge when it comes to component selection.