Vacuum Maker?

For my sleeping pad. It's a thin, around one inch one. I would like to have something to just suck out all the air when I'm done.

sort by: active | newest | oldest
Kiteman8 years ago
Get an ordinary bicycle pump, reverse the diaphragm, and it pumps out instead of in.

Batryn (author)  Kiteman8 years ago
Kiteman Batryn7 years ago
The end where the rod slides into the cylinder unscrews.

Unscrew it.

There is a nut holding the diaphragm onto the end of the rod.

Unscrew it.

Turn the diaphragm over, then screw it all back together.
Batryn (author)  Kiteman7 years ago
Erm... No... It's a rod... then it's a weird rubber thingy... a couple of o-rings, a white stick sticking up the center, and all the way at the bottom is another rubber thing. I think it's that one, but the disk is all the way at the bottom, and stuck I think...
Kiteman Batryn7 years ago
It's the widest one at the non-handle end of the rod that needs turned around.
jtobako Kiteman7 years ago
It may have two separate one-way valves in the body of the pump rather than one on the rod.
Re-design8 years ago
I bought a pump to blow up my air mattreses at a sporting/camping goods store. Cost about 10$.  Has a switch to make it a pump or a vacuum to do just what you want.

I like the bicycle idea also if you've got one handy.