What are some ideas to build AN ULTIMATE RAT CAGE built from my 8'' x 10'' screened in porch?
Here are some factors I need to contend with:
1. I live in florida and it gets HOT, how can I build a cooling down area?
2. What substrate for the bedding should I use? It has to be cheap and I am planning on shoveling and hosing down the area for cleaning.
3. What little features can I provide to entertain them (aka: "enrichment")
4. I would like a little grass area for them, would this destroy the concrete floor?
5. This can be really cool, what would YOU do with all that space?
Keep in mind the name of the game is to make cleaning as easy as possible while creating a rattie wonderland.
And to answer your question that must be brewing, I only have 6 rats. Possibly when I am down to three rats I will take them back inside and use the outside as a play area or fostering rescued rats.
Oh, and I also have a 4''x4'' storage area that could also be utilized(attached to the porch), maybe I'll put them there when it's time to sleep.