What is measured in this mode?

I found a sign on my multimeter but i don't know for what it's used for can anyone tell me please?
The image is shown below!

Picture of What is measured in this mode?
That looks like a DT830A, DT832 or DT832H from Jameco that would be the frequency counter and its range is 50Hz or 100Hz.

If it is you can get the DT830 series operating manual here:

Frequency Counter

Most meters don’t have a built in function generator but they do have a frequency counter.

The make and model would make it easier to Google the operators manual.

AndyGadget4 years ago
If you can believe the photo HERE, it's a signal generator. Put a crystal earpiece or piezo element between the probes and you may hear a tone; Probably 1KHz. You can use this for injecting an audio signal when you're debugging an amplifier circuit or similar.