What is this?

Hi, I want to know what this thing is?
It resembles a water pump, but on a miniature scale...
I want to know the exact name for this thing and possible the use.

Thanks for all your help.

Picture of What is this?
iceng5 years ago
A centrifugal pump driven by a shaded pole induction motor with an offset mechanical coupling between the machines.

This unit will function as well in the sunlight as in the shade  ;-)

Jayefuu5 years ago
Some kind of pump. The big opening in the middle will be the inlet, the small one on the right looks like the outlet.
Re-design5 years ago
Looks like a water pump from a washing machine or a decorative waterfall or water feature.
+1 Impeller pump.