What is this called its a box that has a phone line plugged in on one side and the Ethernet line comes out the other.

I got one from my telephone provider when I signed up for high speed internet but it broke and my provider is now denying that they gave it to me or anyone, when i have proof.

kelseymh8 years ago
It's called a DSL modem. The manufacturer, model number and serial number should be sufficient information to give to your phone company.
a modem it gives your computer internet
lemonie8 years ago
It's a DSL filter. It allows the phone and data to be split / combined without interfering with each other.