What is this thing called? (3 leds with a diffuser)?

I acquired a bag of these a while ago, they had no markings and the bag was just a generic clear plastic one.  I've been taking out the leds to use on various other projects, but I found a decent use for them as is, and wanted to know if there's a specific name for them, if I need to go and buy some.  

Picture of What is this thing called? (3 leds with a diffuser)?
sort by: active | newest | oldest
iceng5 years ago
I would bet a fluorescent crayon could light up bright..  -.-.  .  -.  --.  A
+1 :)

-- .. --. .... - -.-- | ... .-.. -.-- | --- ..-. | -.-- --- ..-
-.-- --- ..- .-. VERY ..-. .- ... -

Will you stop jabbering in a foreign language! :-)...
lol.... That was English... :)
using a cutting tool such as a dremel, you can make some cuts in the acrilic and then when the LEDs are on, the cuts get illuminated like iceng's image
Looks as though it could be a backlight for a small LCD display.
Yes, you could make a compact-torch with this.


The diffuser gets whiter the further it goes because the light inside the diffuser becomes less intense the further from the leds you go.
+1 Its a back light defuser for a small LCD screen.
rickharris5 years ago
Suggest you either use then as illuminated message pads or engrave the surface and use them as illuminated house numbers,