What it this component and how do I use it?

Hello, smart people!
I hope you can help me.
I found this component inside a computer PSU. On the buttom it says "305-32114-220 rev:2 0449" but I haven't been able to find any information from that.
It looks like a coil, or transformer. And it has a capacitor on top. But it only has two wires, so what is it? And what is it used for?

Thanks in advance.

Picture of What it this component and how do I use it?
Re-design6 years ago
It's probably a "choke". Used in power supplies to help smooth out the dc and other uses.

Check out this info.
toelle (author)  Re-design6 years ago
Seems about right...
Does this only work for something like 100-300VAC, or can it be used to smooth out, say a 5V PWM square wave?
Different values on the choke works better on certain frequencies (IFRC).

With the capacitor there it is probably meant to be resonant at a certain frequency.

You could try it and see.

I'd go with that.