What kind of valve can I put under the sink in the kitchen to allow electronic shutoff?

 Looking for a good valve that can shut off electronically. I want to connect it to a water sensor, in order to shut off the water in the kitchen in case of a leak.

sort by: active | newest | oldest
lemonie7 years ago
Solenoid, yes.

Re-design7 years ago
There is actually a set of valves made for this for installation in the laundry room.  They come with water sensors.  You will have to adapt the threads but that's easy by picking parts in the plumbing department.  Just insert in the plumbing, plug in set the sensor where it would get wet and forget it.
Burf7 years ago
I've never seen an electrically actuated valves without the built in sensor, but I have done some retro-fits with water flow leak detectors with automatic shutoff, similar to the one in the link below: