Instructables

What should I do if I broke a CFL.?

 Besides clean up the glass. I understand that there is mercury in them. Is there a an amount in one bulb that could cause a health hazard?

kelseymh4 years ago
No, the quantity of mercury in a CFL (milligrams or less) is not a health hazard if your room has good ventilation.  You should still clean it up, so it doesn't persist and get ingested by someone or something small.  Here's what the U.S. EPA recommends.
orksecurity4 years ago
http://www.epa.gov/mercury/spills/#fluorescent

(Websearch: "broken compact fluorescent")
:-)  I think I started writing my comment before yours, but it took me longer to collect the EPA URL.  Oh, well.
I have a friend who signs this kind of answer with a "job title" of Web Search Engineer.
:-D  That is most excellent!