Whats is this little component called?(Picture included)

And what does it do? Because i have a bunch of these and tell me what the little numbers and letters mean(In picture).

Picture of Whats is this little component called?(Picture included)
sort by: active | newest | oldest
jewdusmax2 years ago


jewdusmax2 years ago


this may help

CameronSS8 years ago
You apparently didn't Google anything, there are pages and pages of information. As Nacho stated, it is a 9V voltage regulator. The center pin is ground. You put anything under +35VDC in the input pin (the left) and you get 9VDC from the output pin (on the right)
ReCreate (author)  CameronSS8 years ago
Umm...yes i did i googled all the numbers and everything. But it would not find the part number of what it is. Also so the electricity could fluctuate from 12v to 35 volts and the output will stay the same? And the left pin is the one on the left by looking at it from the front?(where the numbers are)
The part number is 7809. The 78xx series are all voltage regulators, and the xx designates the output voltage. Pretty close to it. Yes.
ReCreate (author)  CameronSS8 years ago
what are 87XX series called? I have a few and they are 8772 and0802 Eh...here is a pic of it still on the board Yes i know i did not google it,you get better info than i could find with google
Derin ReCreate8 years ago
I tried.No results of use.The part number shows it's a relay socket.Go figure.
ReCreate (author)  Derin8 years ago
Relay? You mean Transistor?
ReCreate (author)  ReCreate8 years ago
so they output 2 volts?
no, those are 87xx series.
ReCreate (author)  frollard8 years ago
hmm...i can find it on google...i think google hates me...anyways would you tell me what voltage they regulate? Since your so good with google?
ReCreate (author)  frollard8 years ago
ReCreate (author)  CameronSS8 years ago
so the voltage will be very close to 9V all the time?
ReCreate (author)  CameronSS8 years ago
Also i did not know it was a regulator...i though it was some sort of transistor
Derin ReCreate8 years ago
It is also lead-free,as shown by the dot marking.
ReCreate (author)  Derin8 years ago
Lead free?
Derin ReCreate8 years ago
It is RoHS compliant.
ReCreate (author)  Derin8 years ago
Oh,Ok... Even if it had lead,this thing is so tiny,it would do literally nothing
Nacho already noted that it is a regulator. Your confusion is understandable. That particular form factor is called the TO-220 case, and many higher-powered transistors use that package.
NachoMahma8 years ago
. 7809 is the part number. 9V regulator. Google "7809" for more info.
ReCreate (author)  NachoMahma8 years ago
I google searched all the numbers and letters before and i did not find anything,Thanks Also what do these contraptions do?
. My bull feces detector just went off! Yep. I just Googled "7809" and half of the hits on the first page were for your component.
Confusion detector:Normal Level *reads* Confusion detector:*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*
ReCreate (author)  NachoMahma8 years ago
no i searched everything
All of the numbers and letters
See my search?
It does not find what i want at all
how was i supposed to know that i only search KIA 7809 A p1 . 429
a more common one is the 7805, you could try looking up that one...
im not sure posiibly an old capactior
ReCreate (author)  crazycommanche=US=8 years ago
I don't think it is an old cap,because the device it came out of is pretty new And it has some sort of heatsink attached too