What's the flexible arm called on lamps and other things?

Kind of like a snake....

Picture of What's the flexible arm called on lamps and other things?
dog digger3 years ago
Just call it a simple gooseneck
noahh3 years ago
That would be gooseneck.
"3, sah."
" +3!"

(my many apologies to MP for that...)
5 is right out!
alpe_97 (author)  noahh3 years ago
Thanks! At first i thought it was called flexible metal arm...
zilcho2 years ago
It's a flexible steel conduit, I think you can get it in different sizes at home depot.
CNCSnap3 years ago
It's a Flexible Steel Conduit.

Bliss liquid-tight flexible conduit A2066 is UL listed and guarantees durability and safety as the best choice for flexible conduits on the market.Flexible metal conduits can be used in a wide scope of applications including lamps, communications, air conditioning systems, and fire alarm systems. Flexible conduits. Flexible conduits can also solve the problems found within wiring and pipeline constructions.
The lamps neck?
acidbass3 years ago
its called the following;
goose neck
flexi neck
flexi arm
adjustable arm/neck/support.

Get More Out of Instructables

Already have an Account?


PDF Downloads
As a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format. You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.

Upgrade to Pro today!