Where can I find 4 AWG wire?

I got my microwave, and now I want to make a spot welder. Any recommendations for where to find 4 AWG wire, or something similar?

sort by: active | newest | oldest
Prfesser8 years ago
Any electrical supply house will have wire of almost any size you can imagine. Even Lowes and Home Depot will have wire up to 2/0, usually. Prfesser
NachoMahma8 years ago
. If you only need a couple of feet of it, you may be able to beg (or get at scrap Copper price) some at an electrical repair shop or a local industry.
Or a demolition site might let you have a couple feet of it, or a construction waste dump...
kelseymh8 years ago
You probably want to buy a spool of welding wire. What you want depends on what you're planning to weld.
CameronSS (author)  kelseymh8 years ago
Welding wire is thin, and is designed to melt and flow into the weld. I need heavy 4 gauge wire to wrap around a microwave transformer. I found the Wall o' Wire at Home Depot today...Prfesser might get Best Answer on this.
Ah yes going to use it for the secondary.
He should :-) I thought you wanted the wire spool for the spot welder, rather than for the transformer...Never mind :-)