Where can I get a good flyback transformer without taking apart a CRT?

I am looking for a way to get a flyback transformer without taking apart a crt television or such because of the dangers of the charge stored by the CRT itself. This is my first time using a flyback transformer so I would like it to be somewhat simple.

sort by: active | newest | oldest
lemonie8 years ago
Well you could try buying one:
But if you're worried about HV in a CRT (never been a problem for me) maybe you shouldn't be playing with HV at all?

Ditto Lemonie. Nothing has ever happened to me disassembling any kind of CRT based device
A ditto for Lemonie.

Also try Electronic Surplus

The only walk in around my part of the woods...Does most of their business these days online though.
darkthero8 years ago
usually what i do is find all of the capacitors and short them so they discharge and so don't get shocked. or sometimes i just grab the fly-back and  rip it off the board with part of the board still on it lmao :P
AndyGadget8 years ago
Instead of using a flyback transformer there are several projects on Instructables using an ignition coil.