Where can i get a piece of .22 (5.5mm) pipe??

I really need some have any idea where from?

sort by: active | newest | oldest
tp.pa.121 year ago

My God don't listen to him

22 short = 21000psi
22 LR =24000 PSI
22 mag =24000 PSI (no it is not a typo it is the same as the LR)

rickharris5 years ago
Pipe made from what?

What kind of wall thickness

How long

Try http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/

Try finding a local model shop

Try finding a local engineering firm

Try finding a local amateur engineer.

Try some of these https://www.google.co.uk/#q=model+engineering+supplies&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=lnt&tbs=ctr:countryUK|countryGB&cr=countryUK|countryGB&sa=X&ei=TTbYT8SxB6HL0QWfgd2sBA&sqi=2&ved=0CLEBEKcFKAE&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=2d5e0a58a5497ebc&biw=1920&bih=898
highvoltageguy (author)  rickharris5 years ago
I'm building a .22 blank gun so I need some I did have some rubber pipe tried it and it got burnt. Oh BTW do you have any idea how I can make a firing system for my blank gun?? Not zip gun to kill just make a loud bang.
I am worried that at 14 you shouldn't have access to even blank ammunition in the UK.

If you haven't researched

a) how thick the tube needs to be to withstand the forces of even blanks


b) how cartridges are fired then you probably shouldn't be doing this anyway.

I just know the temptation to put something in the other end of the tube will be too much to resist.

highvoltageguy (author)  rickharris5 years ago
i am blocking the barrel up so NOTHING can be fired and anyway if i was going to fire anything i would need a class 2 firearms license (this project is for scaring birds)
Don't block the tube or it WILL explode with the force of the blank firing.
highvoltageguy (author)  rickharris5 years ago
Wait,who says I'm 14?
For making .22 cal guns of this type, a piece of 5/16" steel brake line is your best bet for a barrel. its rated to 5000psi and a .22 short only produces about 900psi. the flared end helps with the firing pin as well since is a rim fire primer instead of center....12in piece will only cost $150 too!
try a ecocenter, maybe you find some refrigerator's condenser's pipe. it should be the thickness you want
The barrel of a  0.22 caliber rifle is essentially a straight piece of steel pipe with an inside diameter that is close to 0.22 inches.  Anyway, provided you can get one of these rifles, you can just take it apart, and there's the pipe you need.
bwrussell5 years ago
Hardware stores usually have a decent selection of small size stock, mostly steel, aluminum, or copper. Check the hardware section (near the bolts and such).
Burf5 years ago
What kind of pipe? Steel, plastic or ??
Is that dimension I.D. or O.D.
Does the wall thickness matter?
What length?