Where can i get a small SCR?

 I checked the Radio shack website and haven't found any mention of SCR's.  I also found out that Radio shack is the only electronics store nearby.  I don't really want to have to order it in because my parents are really finicky about ordering things in and I was wondering if anyone knew of any common or cheap products that carry a small Silicon controlled rectifiers for me to salvage.

yokozuna7 years ago

The best place to try to salvage them from would be devices used to charge batteries.  Other places to look would be anything involved with distribution of electrical power such as light dimmers and inverter circuits.

DemonicRoss (author)  yokozuna7 years ago
 How about a R/C car battery charger?
caarntedd7 years ago
Old solid state motor controller?
lemonie7 years ago
Try looking under "thyristor"?
You might find one in a TV or stereo, I did but I can't remember which it was...