Wii - Play Backup Games without modchip -- System Menu V 4.0 ?
Please note: I am beginner at this.
Ok, here is what I have done:
1. I have upgraded my System Menu to version 4.0 using the update option from the Wii
2. Following this instructable: https://www.instructables.com/id/S9RV0FWFN4H8OED/
I have installed cIOS36 Rev7. This means that I have also installed Homebrew Channel (using Bannerbomb exploit ).
3. Following the same instructable I have got to the point where I got the Error ret-2011 which a lot of other people (with System Menu 4.0) got: " tried to install the 04-BackupLauncher0.3g+_249-NeoRame.rar like instructed below.I get a installing ticket...ERROR! (ret = -2011)"
4. After that everything went down the drain. I have tried to follow this instructable: https://www.instructables.com/id/SQHX9S3FUNOXOKE/ with both versions (offline and online), but I kept getting the -2011 error.
5. I have tried to follow other tutorials out there but I did not get any further because of different errors.
Now I do not know what version of cIOS or other files I have installed on my Wii.
I have tried to update again my System Menu 4.0 in case I have messed up anything but my Wii says that I already have the latest version installed.
So my questions are:
1. How do I know what version of the Files I have and whether I have messed up my System Menu ? And how do I get back to the original System Menu 4.0 of the files?
2. Since the aim of this entire thing is to play backup games, how do I fix this and how do I get my Wii to play the backup games, from backup DVDs (I've seen that it might be possible to play them from USB devices, I am not interested in that right now). Also, I do not want to install any other homebrew applications (like DVD players or video players).
3. If in the process I have to downgrade my System Menu, what are the exact steps to do that?
Thank you very much for your help and I hope someone will be able to help me make things work !
If you think you can help but you need more information, please comment on my question and I will provide as much information as I can