sort by: active | newest | oldest
framistan7 years ago
The standard way to do this is just place DC electricity into the water using 2 metal "probes" . each probe will bubble, and the gas coming off ONE probe will be OXYGEN and the other will be HYDROGEN.  However, i have heard from several sources that if you PULSE the voltage at about 620 cycles per second DC pulsed voltage... then the bubbling is much more and the amperage needed is much LOWER !!!  Also, I have seen special PULSERS that are already pre-built and they sell them on EBAY for 20 or 30 bucks.  I would recommend you do a search on EBAY for more information on what is available to do this..
nfarrow7 years ago
Marsh7 years ago
 You'll actually need to have the water in a "U" shaped tube with one electrode going into each side. As re-design said, one will emit Oxygen, the other will emit Hydrogen. If you just drop both electrodes into a single jar, you get HHO or Brown's Gas.
Re-design Marsh7 years ago
What I should have said is "Collect the two gasses seperarately.  One is oxygen and one is Hydrogen.  If you mix the two you get Brown's Gas"  The closer the electrodes the faster you get hydrogen but it gets harder to keep them seperate.
Re-design7 years ago
Two electrodes in water.  Run a current thru the water.  Collect the gas that comes off the electrodes.  One is hydrogen and the other is oxygen.