loading

my mood ring broke and I got some of the stuff on my hands is it toxic?

my mood ring broke and I got some of the stuff on my hands is it toxic?What should I do.

sort by: active | newest | oldest
frollard8 years ago
Any unknown chemical should be thoroughly rinsed with cool water for ~10 minutes. I'm guessing based on it being a 'kids' product (sorta), that its non-toxic. I'd recommend rinsing well anyway, wash with soap afterward. Do not eat :D
googling mood ring shows 'nontoxic' on most listings.
coolpizzadude (author)  frollard8 years ago
thanks I just wanted to make shore I wouldn't die or any thing when I did spill it on my hand I washed thoroughly with cold water for about five mints is that ok.
I'm pretty sure you're gonna be fine. If you're not - well, I'll genuinely be surprised for you.
If the color-changing liquid crystal is cholesteryl nonanoate, it should be safe enough to touch. Just wash it off and don't eat it.