need a diy CNC that MILLS STEEL, what do I need?
right now I'm at the "shopping" part of the project- buying parts (motors, drivers, misc. electronics) can you help me buy give me a hint of what I need (preferably EBAY links/ prices)?
requirements for the machine:
- MUST be able to mill/cut (stainless) STEEL (time is not a concern so it's ok if it runs slowly as long as it's able to make a (small)stainless steel part)
- would be nice if I could run it manually aswell (no computer, no cnc, just hanles or remote controller)
WHAT DO I NEED?:
- would this http://www.ebay.com/itm/321060801150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648 be sufficient?
- what do you recommend for the spindle? (is there anyway I can connect a professional servo motor? as I might have one of those)
- was thinking square steel profiles for the frame, what do you recommend?
- for starters I cant afford ballscrews so I'll use trapezoidal treaded rods, other sugestions?
- any thing else i need to know? - thanks!