what is this electronics component?

I am trying to repair/re-create and old Tandy music/sound device. I pulled this part out of the circuit board and I have no idea what it is. There is no number or letter marking, and no color code (its all black). The only clue I have is it is labeled "CR 1" (or possibly CRI) on the circuit board.

Here is a link to a photo of it.


sort by: active | newest | oldest
AndyGadget8 years ago
Most definitely a diode - Current will flow from the blunt to pointy end direction, but not the other way.
gmxx8 years ago
It's a diode.... what tipped me off was the shape... it resembles the same shape used in electrical diagrams for diodes
NachoMahma8 years ago
. It's a diode. CRx is usually used to label rectifiers; not sure what the C stands for.
ry259208 years ago
it has two leads so.... I think it's a Diode, maybe a capacitor or resistor as "Thelonelysandwitch" said.
It looks kind of like a resistor, but on the other hand, I have seen micro processors that size. I think that it might be a resistor.