what is this used for?

The know on top turns the 2 blades on the inside

Picture of what is this used for?
Burf5 years ago
Its called a candle shaver. Its used to taper the end of a candle so it will fit into various sizes of candle holders.
Kiteman5 years ago
Could it be a candle-sharpener?

Does it smell or feel at all waxy?
That's kind of like what I was thinking... a combo tool to snuff out candles and the cutter to trim them. ?

Probably should take it to an antiques store to have it looked at (I couldn't find anything related online).