8-Shot Deconstruction Round Concept
Edit: I've improved range by some number, and it is now more complex and piece consuming but more reliable, and the clip design has been perfected.
Advantages over guns with magazines:
- Never Jams. Ever.
- Slanted handle with no magazine inside. No broken pieces or clumsy mag pushers in your way.
- Bullets are spread out in a circle. It is very compact, especially if you use green rods instead of whites.
- Detachable wheels. This means quick reload if you have extra wheels pre-built.
- Easy trigger pull. You don't need a super-powerful rubber band to make it shoot far, so the trigger pull is smooth and easy.
- Super easy to build. You don't need to be an expert in k'nex to know how this works.
Because it takes up less space and pieces than a magazine, and the clip design requires no rubber bands (unless you really want auto-revolver) this design could easily be perfected and expanded upon to a rifle, or high-powered weapon.
It uses one black Y-connector, for the trigger, and I'm sure there's another way to do it, but this is probably the best.
I can't find my camera; when I do, I will have pictures up. Probably not instructions because the thing is easy to build from pictures and a pain to take apart, but I'll be answering questions frequently when it's up and posting helpful pictures to anybody who requests it.
EDIT: Pictures here> https://www.instructables.com/community/TO67PH4GQ225YK9/. Click the "i" at the top-left to get rid of those pesky annotations.