A couple Questions about Meths, Alcohol, Oil, and Phosphorus
Ok, so a few of these questions may be really simple, but I have very little experience in these categories.
1) I'm working on a small camp stove that apparently is supposed to run on meths. I don't have access to meths and cannot buy any. Will Rubbing Alcohol work as a substitute? The plans for the stove seem to say that the vapors are what are on fire; it doesn't soak up through a cotton wick.
2) Will Canola oil vaporize so I could use it for the stove mentioned in question 1?
3) Phosphorus is a key ingredient in glow/light sticks. I saw a tutorial (which, by the way, would make a good Instructable) that showed how to obtain it from strike-anywhere matches and use it to make a custom glowstick. Again, I don't have any strike-anywhere matches, and I can't seem to find anywhere near me that sells them, so: Is there any other any household items that contains phosphorus that I could extract?
4) Is aluminum the cheapest metal, as in scrap metal or non-shape-specific pieces?
5) I have 70% rubbing (Isopropyl) alcohol. Is there anyway to purify it to around 90%?