ALL STEPS BUG - IMPORTANT TO FIX
I have not set the default view all steps option in my profile yet whenever I visit any ible, it shows all steps.
Consequences of the problem:
The ible takes time to load, eats bandwidth, many options like vote, stats are not functional unless the ible fully loaded
Steps to reproduce:
- Open your browser
- Visit any ible, make sure you don't have allsteps set in your profile.
- If you see all steps enabled in ible, disable and view normal ible.
- Now open another tab in your browser and view a different ible.
- Notice that both ibles look normal (not all steps)
- Now come back tp first ible and press allsteps button, let the ible fully load.
- Now switch to other tab and fresh the page.
- You will notice that the allsteps button is already pressed and ibles loads all steps.
- Now open any ible and you will notice it is opened allsteps
Before the site update, a ALLSTEPS querystring value was used in the ible URL to maintain the state of allstep. After the update it appears like cookie or session is used to persist state of allsteps button which is not unique and therefore allstep state of one ible is reflected in another.
OS: Windows 7 Home premium
Browsers: IE9 and FF 20.01
I noticed this does not happen in Chrome 27.0 as the button relies on the ALLSTEPS querystring