Audio Equipment Question: What is this Jack/Port called?

My friend and I are the only two members on our school's "Tech Team". We handle the audio during events in the auditorium. Well, the audio equipment is pretty old, and not very well taken care of. We came back from summer vacation and only have 4 working mics. Uh-oh. We have a bunch of dead cords, dead mics, an audio snake (is there a "proper" name for this?) with more than half the ports dead, and missing cables. Long story short, we have the task of getting new equipment (yay!). But first I need to know what this plug is called :/ So help me out? Anyone know this thing's official name?

Picture of Audio Equipment Question: What is this Jack/Port called?
sort by: active | newest | oldest
sjoobbani7 years ago
Guys, if you don't know what something looks like, just google images search it, and see
like the guy down there who wanted to know about MIDI..
knexguy8 years ago
It's been answered, but still, it is 3-pin XLR.
The Jamalam8 years ago
I thought it had something to do with MIDI...
MIDI plugs are DIN connector, and have 5, not 3 pins. XLRs are similar, but not the same specs as a three-pin DIN.
XLR connectors are used in all sorts of things, although mainly for speakers and mic connectors.
Ah you beat me.
Labot2001 (author)  fungus amungus8 years ago
:D Thanks xmillion!