August 2013 Build Night with Jameco
**If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when the events are announced in the forums. If you have signed up for a past build nights you are already on our announcement list.
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month is a different theme and we will send you materials to run a workshop at your space. In return your space will post Instructables from your build night.
AUGUST BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with Jameco, a leading electronic components distributor, for our August 2013 build night. Sign up and we will ship you an electronics package that includes:
- Standard Timer Single 8-Pin 555 Chip (10)
- Resistor Assortment, 540 pieces (1)
- Breadboard 3.25x2.125 (4)
- Battery Snap, 6 inch (4)
- Battery, Super Alkaline, 9V (4)
- Grab Bag of Electronics Components (1)
- LED Grab Bag - assorted colors and shapes (2)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in August (any night) to host the build night. At the event build projects using parts from the Jameco electronics kit.
- Post 3 Instructables: post 3 Instructables using the electronics from the kit. You are not limited to just these components, but projects must include parts from the kit. Projects can be as simple or advanced as you like. Anyone from your space is welcome to post an Instructable that counts towards the 3. These Instructables must include a link back to Jameco’s website. (Not posting these Instructables may affect your chances to participate in future build nights).
- Brownie Points (not required): after the build night post a forum topic on Instructables about your event. Include pictures, stories, etc... Here are two examples from the May build night: Noisebridge and Makers Local 256. We may even feature your photo on the homepage.
We have no more spaces available for our August build night.