Boat Chandlery Question...

I've had a senior moment. You know those widgets that they use on boats to fasten ropes?  What are they called?

Two ridged, rotating sections, lay the rope between them, and tension makes them turn in and lock the rope in place, pull the other way and they open to release it.

What are they called? I thought they were "cleats", but that turns out to be the roughly T-shaped fittings that you knot rope around.

Picture of Boat Chandlery Question...
sort by: active | newest | oldest
Kryptonite7 years ago
Yep, definitely cleats. Go Jayefuu!
Jayefuu7 years ago
Cam Cleats?
Jayefuu Jayefuu7 years ago
Wasagi Jayefuu7 years ago
Those things are amazing! Only thing that allows two people to sail flying scotts at any reasonable pace. I thought this question was about how to tie a cleat hitch at first, haha..
RadBear Jayefuu7 years ago
Wow. I thought they were just used to hold up mops.
Kiteman (author)  Jayefuu7 years ago

I went through pages and pages of google images, and didn't see a single one of those!
best answer small.JPG
Jayefuu Kiteman7 years ago
Ha ha. I searched boat rope fasteners and it was on the first page.