Bonus Build Night - LEDs!!!!!!!
Deadline to sign up: Monday, June 16. Accepted spaces will be notified by June 17.
BUILD NIGHT DETAILS
The Instructables team recently inherited 23 boxes of 10mm LEDs (approximately 110,000 LEDs) and we decided the best use for them would be a Build Night!! We want to see how EPIC you can get with a large amount of LEDs (although simple projects are fine as well). We will be selecting 50 spaces to receive the following (note these numbers are approximate):
- 8 bags of 10mm assorted color LEDs (approx. 2200 LEDs) ~$800
- 40 3V coin cell batteries ~$75
- Bonus Giveaway: 2 spaces will be selected to receive 50 silly putty eggs, 10 lbs of black iron oxide (materials to make magnetic silly putty). There will be a special section on the signup form if you would like to be considered for this.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in July or August (any night) to host a project build night using the LEDs and batteries.
- Post 2 Instructables: post 2 Instructables using the LEDs. (Not posting these Instructables will affect your chances to participate in future build nights).
SIGN UP - Please only sign up if you are able to complete the requirements listed above
This is a 2-step sign up process. YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH TO FULLY SIGN UP.
- Fill out this google form.
- You will then receive a private message in your Instructables inbox by June 17 asking for your shipping information. You cannot receive the LEDs without completing this step.
- LED Instructables Projects
- Instructables App (for documentation during the build night): iOS and Android
JOIN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT LIST
If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when the events are announced in the forums. If you have signed up for a past build night or this build night you are already on our announcement list.
ABOUT BUILD NIGHTS
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month we partner with a different company to send you materials and/or tools to run a workshop at your space. In return your space posts Instructables from your build night.