Coaxial cable to UHF coat hanger antenna?


I need to make a UHF TV antenna.  The TV has a coaxial plug on the back, and I have coaxial cable, but I do not have an adapter.

What is inside the adapters that go from coaxial cable to two wires?  Any electronics?  Do the two antenna leads just connect to the pin in the center?


NachoMahma7 years ago
.  It's called a balun.